1. Ask her for a date like a man. Pick the day before you call. If she tells you that it’s not a good day, do not negotiate unless she offers a specific alternative that fits into YOUR plan. If she doesn’t offer a specific alternative (This would NOT include, “Call me next week.”), say to her, “Perhaps some other time.” That’s it! If she is interested, she will re-arrange her schedule. Think it over for a week or more and if you feel in your gut that you should give it second try, go for it. If not, move on!
2. Make dates in advance. Ask her to go out with you well in advance of the actual date. 1-2 weeks is good at the beginning. This strategy gives you time to make arrangements for your date and it also creates romantic anticipation.
3. Have it all planned. Have the entire date planned, scheduled, and reserved before you pick her up. Not only will she be impressed by your organization, but you’ll also have a better time.
4. Invest your time and money wisely. There is no sense investing a lot of your time or money until you decide if you like each other. Most women will only become uncomfortable, or perceive you as being foolish, if you spend a month’s pay on the first date.
5. Use a progressive dating strategy. Start with inexpensive dates during the week and work your way up to more expensive dates on the weekends.
6. Timeliness is classiness. Be on time to pick up your date. This does NOT mean getting there early. Many women, and men, schedule their preparations for going out down to the last minute. If you are running late by more than 10 minutes, call and let her know when to expect you.
7. Being yourself is your best act. Don’t try to impress your date with your money, your position, your car, or your body measurements. Using these things to win a woman over will only attract those with superficial intentions. Win them over by showing them the qualities you have inside by simply being yourself.
8. Be like a movie star. Almost all the male movie stars who attract a lot of women on and off the screen have exquisite manners. Women love being treated like ladies. You see these men opening a door for her, letting her walk into a room first, and helping her with a chair. I once saw two (2) young army combat veterans instantly stand up when a poor, unattractive teenage girl entered the room. They had no obligation or incentive whatsoever to respond as they did. It was beautiful!
9. Keep your eyes on the ball. Do not check out other women. Even when done on the sly, women will pick it up. Nothing is more classy and warrior-like than a man who keeps his attention on the woman he’s with regardless of who she is.
10. Cleanliness is coolness personified. Be sure that all areas of your body are clean and fresh. This includes your hair, ears, body, and especially your teeth. Bad breath, which is often caused by a dental or periodontal problem, is usually not noticeable by the person who has it. Nothing is more of a turn off than bad breath. If you haven’t had your teeth cleaned in the last six months, get it done!